Thursday, June 12, 2014

It's Your Fabulous Day!

Sometimes I look at a sketch and think, "That should be pretty easy." And I pick out a DSP and have my color scheme. And I start putting together my card so that it (somewhat) resembles the sketch. And then. And then. And then, I'm stuck. "Hmm," I think, "this isn't working out like I thought it was going to work out. Oh well. It's not at all like the sketch, but it's a nice card and I can put in on my blog." And then when I start assembling, I realize that the card needs a little somethin'-somethin' 'cause it's not quite finished. And then I get a flash of brilliance and realize, "Oh, if I add a row of buttons here, that gets me back to the sketch."

So here's the fabulous Fab Friday sketch.



And here's my card.

(Stamp Set: Hip Hip Hooray (from the Hip Hip Hooray Card Kit); Ink: Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Crisp Cantaloupe, Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla; DSP: Lullaby; Accessories: Window Frames Collection Framelits, Festive Piercing Template, Crumb Cake Designer Buttons, Linen Thread)
I couldn't figure out how to add washi tape, but I think the card is close enough (for government work) to the sketch!

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for sharing your talent and what you think are missteps.
    Jean B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the use of the buttons for the three shapes. You are right - no need for washi tape - this card is lovely as-is. Thanks for playing along with the FabFriday sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!! Love the buttons!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Gotta love the creative process, right? :-) It's very cute and a great take on the sketch! Well done! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete