Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Holly, Jolly, Merry Christmas

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   A few years ago, I started what has become a tradition--a monthly Christmas card-making class that starts in August and goes though November. When we're finished with our sessions, we have a stack of beautiful, hand-made Christmas cards ready to be sent. And we're finished before Thanksgiving! It's been a fun tradition and I'm continuing it this year, even though we're skipping August due to my work-travel schedule.

This week, I'm going to share the three designs we'll be making in our September session. I have a couple of spots open. Contact me if you're interested in attending (or see the "coming soon" announcement below).

The first card is a clean and simple design made with the "Holly Jolly Greetings" stamp set and coordinating Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies.

I started by stamping the large snowflake in Cherry Cobbler ink smack-dab in the center of a Whisper White panel. I added some Smoky Slate sprinkles diagonally through the center of the card.

Next, I cut the word "merry" out of Silver Glimmer Paper using the fabulous Christmas Greetings Thinlits Dies. These go perfectly with the "Holly Jolly Greetings" stamp set. I adhered the greeting to the card using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. After I had placed that piece just right, I stamped "Christmas" in Cherry Cobbler.

I adhered the stamped panel to a Cherry Cobbler Mat. I adhered this to a Whisper White Thick Card Stock base, cut lengthwise, using Stampin' Dimensionals.

This card turned out just the way I like 'em: quick and easy AND clean and simple!

COMING SOON! Do you wish you could come to one of my Christmas card-making classes but live too far away? Well, soon I'll be posting details on FOUR ways you can attend virtually! I still have a few technical details to work out in the background, but watch this space for exciting news in about a week!
 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment