Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Sweet Kitty Love

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #daretogetdirtychallenge   The Dare to Get Dirty Design team at Splitcoaststampers.com is hosting a week-long design challenge for Splitcoaststampers Fan Club Members. The designers are posting several challenges a day and I thought that maybe I could try to complete them all, but after I did three, I decided that was a bridge too far. So I'm going to do a few here and there and share the cards--but not the challenge details--here on my blog. You can join the Splitcoaststampers Fan Club and get in on all the action, see the Design Team's projects every month, and support papercrafting all at the same time.

I love this "Foxy Friends" set but I keep making kittens with it. I'm going to branch out to the other critters soon, I promise. My little man, Bo, is a gray Persian, so I stamped him in Smoky Slate ink onto Whisper White card stock. I cut the image out with one of the Layering Squares Framelits and adhered it to a Pool Party scalloped square from the same framelits collection.

I stamped the cat head again onto a scrap of Whisper White and punched it out with the Fox Builder Punch. I gave him a face using Basic Gray Archival Ink and adhered the head to the body with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I wrapped a length of 1/8" Smoky Slate Stitched Satin Ribbon around a panel of A Little Foxy Designer Series Paper before adhering it to a Pool Party card base, cut lengthwise.
I adhered the kitten square to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Next, I stamped "love" from the "Scenic Sayings" set in Pool Party onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Sweetheart Punch. Finally, I stamped "you" from the "Thoughtful Banners" set onto a Whisper White scrap and fussy cut it with my Paper Snips. I adhered these two elements to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I think this card turned out super cute. Thanks for the great challenge, Dini!!

 Here's my real life inspiration for this card. He's so pretty!

 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment