Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Put a Bird on It!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #daretogetdirtychallenge   Today's card is another creation inspired by the Splitcoaststampers.com Dare to Get Dirty challenge. There are challenges going on all week. I didn't have my act together to play in all of them this time, so I'll just be playing along in a few. This challenge is one posed by one of my stamping heroes: Lydia Fiedler.

My card didn't start off monochromatic, but it sure ended up that way. I think it just took on a life of its own...and I went with it! I started off by stamping the birdcage from the "Badges and Banners" stamp set in Delightful Dijon onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the matching Best Badge Punch. I planned to use the tweedy sheet from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper Stack, but I just couldn't get it to work. I flipped it over and saw the circles, which led me to emboss the Delightful Dijon card base with the Large Polka Dot Embossing Folder.

I thought the birdcage needed a companion piece, so I stamped the striped badge onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Best Badge Punch. Then I stamped the "little hello" banner, again in Delightful Dijon onto a Whisper White scrap, and punched it out with the matching Duet Banner Punch.

I arranged the elements on the card and adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals. This card turned out a little bit funky, but I think I like it!!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment