Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Cake Is the Answer!

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ProTipTuesday   Today's card is inspired by a swap card I received from Karen Mullins at the Proverbial Stampers & Friends new catalog event. I love the way Karen paired the "Piece of Cake" stamp set with the colors of the striped sheet of Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper.

Karen stamped the two elements of the cake from the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. She colored these with Light and Dark Smoky Slate, Light Petal Pink, Light Balmy Blue, Light Old Olive, Light Calypso Coral, and Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends. Then she punched out the pieces with the Cake Builder Punch.

Karen cut a Whisper White label with one of the Stitched Nestled Labels Dies and a just-larger Daffodil Delight label with another of the dies. She stamped a heart from the "Piece of Cake" stamp set in Tuxedo Black and colored it with a Dark Petal Pink Stampin' Blend. She adhered the cake pieces to the label with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For my card, I cut a 3-5/8" by 4-1/4" Pool Party Card Stock panel and adhered a 1-1/4" by 4" piece of the striped Bird Ballad DSP. I adhered the label assembly to this piece with Stampin' Dimensionals and tied on a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon. 

Here's your ProTip: Why waste beautiful ribbon by wrapping it behind the layer that you won't see? Instead, I use my card stock piece as a measure and cut my ribbon slightly longer than that piece.

Then I flip the card stock over and lay down a little bit of adhesive--or all your adhesive, around all sides, if you're ready to adhere the piece--and fold over the ends of the ribbon.

Then I snip a 2"-4" length of the same ribbon, depending on how big I want the bow, and slip it under the ribbon on the front of the card, and tie it in a knot right on top! You can then slide your bow into whatever position you want.

This is probably my favorite ProTip of all time--I use it on every card that has ribbon!

To finish my card, I cut a 3-5/8" by 5" Calypso Coral Card Stock panel and adhered it directly to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. I adhered the finished Pool Party panel right on top of that! I stamped a sentiment from the "Piece of Cake" set in Smoky Slate Ink onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Classic Label Punch. I adhered this to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. So easy and so cute!

Tomorrow is Challenge Wednesday, so come on back and see what challenge I'm playing along with!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment