Thursday, June 6, 2019

Smooth Sailing

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I thought I'd try a little something "artistic" today. I don't normally watercolor because I not very confident and I usually end up tossing my work. But I thought that maybe if I used a smaller "canvas" things might work out--and they did!

I wanted to watercolor a background for a card I was planning, using the Come Sail Away Suite of products on pages 144-146 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. So I started with a 3" by 3" square of Watercolor Paper. I used an Aqua Painter to add a wash of Balmy Blue. When that dried, I added a bit of Petal Pink. I actually like the way this tiny canvas turned out. I adhered it to a 3-1/8" by 3-1/8" square of Early Espresso Card Stock.

Next, I wrapped a length of Night of Navy/Sahara Sand Bakers Twine around a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper and adhered it to a Night of Navy Card Stock card base. I slipped the watercolored piece under the twine, adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped one of the sailboats from the "Sailing Home" stamp set in Early Espesson Ink onto Very Vanilla Card Stock. I cut this out with the matching Smooth Sailing Die. You can get the "Sailing Home" stamp set and coordinating Smooth Sailing Dies in a bundle saving 10% off the price of purchasing the items separately. I adhered the boat to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Next, I stamped the birds from the "Sailing Home" stamp set in Early Espresso Ink.

I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow Ink onto Very Vanilla and cut it out with one of the Smooth Sailing Dies. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. To finish the card, I tied on a double bow of the Baker's Twine.

My mini canvas watercoloring turned out much better than expected and I'm really pleased with how this card turned out!!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment