Friday, June 21, 2019

Shimmering Trees

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #fabulousfriday   The "Waterfront" stamp set was designed by my "upline" demonstrator, Connie Heisey. It's a great set for quick, fun cards and you can create a waterfront or mountain scene with the different elements in the set. I've seen other stampers take these simple stamps and make artistic scenes and I thought I'd give that a try today. And even though I stepped it up a notch, this card was still quick and easy, but with that little bit of wow factor, too.

I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Shimmery White Card Stock. I used this card stock because it shimmers, of course, but also because it can take a little water coloring. I started by stamping off some Seaside Spray Ink to create a horizon. Next, I stamped off Smoky Slate Ink and added that below the Seaside Spray. I stamped off some Purple Posy Ink and added some mountains in the background. I used an Aqua Painter to spread the background inks around so they blended together a bit, adding a little bit more of the Seaside Spray and Purple Posy Inks.
Next, I stamped two sets of trees in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used an Aqua Painter to "watercolor" the trees. I just wiggled my brush to soften the edges of the trees and to add some black to the horizon. I then added Clear Wink of Stella to the trees so they would shimmer.

The sentiment is from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set and is stamped in Tuxedo Black. 

When everything was dry (the waiting is the hardest part), I adhered the panel to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Basic Black Card Stock mat and then onto a Seaside Spray Card Stock card base.

See? You can make little pieces of art with just some stamps, ink, card stock, and an Aqua Painter. Want to create your own? Just click on the thumbnails below and you'll go directly to my online store where you can order everything.

Have a great weekend! See you again on Manic Monday!








 
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment