Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Birds of a Feather

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   I'm so excited to share a card that I made with the Bird Ballad Suite of products that you'll find on pages 90-92 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. We played with some of these products at the OnStage event for demonstrators, but now that I have them all in my hot little hands, I get to play more and more!! I'm so thrilled with how this card turned out. Take a look!

I stamped the bird and branch in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I colored the leaves with a Light Old Olive Stampin' Blend and the branch with a Light Crumb Cake Stampin' Blend. I also used Light Crumb Cake on the bird along with Light Pool Party and Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I was a little intimidated coloring the bird because I don't know what colors birds are--but I used the lovely Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper for inspiration. When I finished coloring, I cut this out with an oval Stitched Shape Die.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Tuxedo Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Stitched Nesting Labels Dies. You can get the "Free as a Bird" stamp set and the Stitched Nesting Labels Dies in a bundle and save 10% off the price of ordering them separately.

I adhered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Bird Ballad DSP (love those bird cages!) to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Whisper White Card Stock panel. Then I adhered that to a Pool Party Card Stock card base. I wrapped a length of Linen Thread around the sentiment piece and adhered both the bird and the sentiment pieces to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Because I always like a little bling on my cards, I added three Clear Epoxy Droplets. So cute!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment