Wednesday, June 12, 2019

TGIF Challenge: Morning Glory


#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #wantachallengewednesday   #tgifc215 
I used to play along with stamping challenge blogs all the time, but somehow I got away from doing that. Challenges are a great place to find inspiration. I encourage you to play along with me in these challenges on Wednesdays. You'll always find a link to the challenge on my blog. Even if you don't want to "enter" the challenge, you can peruse the blogs and see ideas for color combinations and layouts. Today's challenge is the TGIF Color Challenge. This is a great color combination and I had a lot of fun creating my card!

I used the "Good Morning Magnolia" stamp set and matching Magnolia Memory Dies. You can get these two items in a bundle, saving 10% off the price of purchasing them separately. And you really, really want both the stamp set and dies!

I started with a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise. Remember the Night of Navy mat I used on yesterday's card? Well, I took the leftover frame and adhered it to the card base for this card! I cut a thin Granny Apple Green Card Stock frame using the Stitched Rectangles Dies and adhered this inside the Night of Navy frame. I used my Stamparatus to stamp a sentiment from the "Good Morning Magnolia" stamp set in Night of Navy Ink onto the card base. 

Next, I cut two of each of the three flower parts from the Magnolia Memory Dies from Whisper White Card Stock. I used a Sponge Dauber to sponge Pool Party Ink onto the edges of the petals. I curled the petals with a Bone Folder and adhered the petal layers to each other with Glue Dots. I cut the centers of the flowers from Pool Party Card Stock and adhered these to the flowers with a Glue Dot. 

I also cut some leaves from Granny Apple Green Card Stock--there are two of each leaf, so I could cut all four leaves at once! I adhered the leaves directly to the card and then adhered the flowers to the card with a couple of Stampin' Dimensionals.

For a finishing touch, I added one Granny Apple Green Glitter Enamel Dot to the center of each flower. I think these flowers look like morning glories.

Tomorrow is Thoughtful Thursday. I have a quick, elegant card to share. See you then!









Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment