Wednesday, June 26, 2019

My Little Chickadee

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ChallengeWednesday   #CTS327   Hey there! I'm excited to be playing along in a sketch challenge this week. The challenge blog is CAS(E) This Sketch. You may know that "CASE" means to "copy and steal share everything" and that "CAS" means "clean and simple." This blog cleverly puts together both concepts. Here's the sketch for this week's challenge.

 
I spent a little while thinking up a design for the challenge and I had a few fits and starts, but I think the final card is one of my favorites. I knew I was going to use a bit of my favorite Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper and I thought I was going to fussy cut one of the designs from that DSP, too. But that didn't work out so I did something a little different.

I started with a 2-1/2" by 4" piece of Mosaic Mood DSP and adhered it to a 2-3/4" by 4" Garden Green Card Stock mat. Next, I embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" Mint Macaron Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I adhered this to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base and adhered the DSP piece on top.

I initially stamped a sentiment from another stamp set in Crumb Cake Ink onto Crumb Cake Card Stock and punched it out with the Everyday Label Punch. I tucked this under the DSP piece and adhered it to the card. But I didn't like it. 

So, I pulled out the "Free as a Bird" stamp set. I stamped the bird in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Thick Whisper White Card Stock. On the side, I made a palette of Watercolor Pencil colors by laying down some scribbles. I used Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, and Calypso Coral. I picked up the colors with a Blender Pen to color my chickadee. I like to use the Thick Whisper White for this technique because it stands up to the Blender Pen and will take a little bit of blending without pilling or tearing.


I cut out the bird with a circle Stitched Shape Die and adhered it to a scalloped Daffodil Delight circle that I cut with one of the Layering Circles Dies. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I then stamped a sentiment from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Garden Green onto a Whisper White scrap and punched it out with the Pretty Label Punch. I slipped this under the DSP piece and used a bit of the original Crumb Cake tag as a mat. There. Much better, don't you think?


Tomorrow is Thoughtful Thursday and I have a wonderful card for you, so come on back!











Product List
Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00

No comments:

Post a Comment