Monday, June 17, 2019

Tiny Dancer

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ManicMonday   In a hurry for a card? I have a great set for you--"Beautiful You." This set includes 3 line-art drawings and two squiggles that you can use to fill in the line art. It's quick, it's easy, it's artistic. Here, I've used Basic Black, Whisper White, and one of the new In Colors for 2019-2021, Rococo Rose.

I stamped the dancer in Memento Basic Black Ink onto Whisper White Card Stock. I filled in her skirt with a squiggle of Rococo Rose Ink. I cut out the image with a square Stitched Shapes Die. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to  layer this piece onto a scalloped Rococo Rose square that I cut with one of the Layering Squares Dies.

Next, I embossed a 3-3/4" by 5" Basic Black Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder. In a hurry? Skip this step! I layered this onto a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Rococo Rose mat. Then I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around the pieces before adhering everything to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I thought it would be fun to give the dancer a little bow to match the bow on the card, so I tied a length of Whisper White Baker's Twine around the middle of a piece of tulle ribbon (that I pulled out of my waste basket--no kidding!) and adhered it to the dancer with a Glue Dot. I added three Frosted Epoxy Droplets to the card for some more polka dotted interest!


I think the combination of black and white and pink and polka dotted tulle evoke a classic ballerina. I didn't add a sentiment to the outside of the card because I thought it would be too crowded. That's what the inside is for! And there are loads of great sentiments in the "Beautiful You" stamp set!













Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment