Friday, June 7, 2019

Lacy Thanks

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   Oh my goodness! The Bird Ballad Suite of products on pages 90-92 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog has a "hidden" gem. If you're like me and you flip through your new catalog, you might miss a lot of the "hidden" gems in our product suites. I tend to look at the stamp set, the bundle, and the designer series paper and then move on. I often miss the embellishments or the extra special item in the suite. For the Bird Ballad Suite, that extra special, "hidden" gem is the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards and Tin.

These Very Vanilla laser-cut cards are stunningly beautiful, especially when you add other items from the suite. Let's take a look at today's card and then I'll tell you how easy it was to make!

I cut a 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" piece of the dotted Petal Pink Bird Ballad Designer Series paper and adhered it to the back side of the card front so that it peeks out from the die-cut. I used Liquid Multipurpose Glue to adhere the DSP to the card. I didn't like that the back side of the DSP showed inside the card, so I cut a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock and adhered it inside--letting just a bit of the DSP peek out as a frame.

Next, I cut a piece of the Bird Ballad DSP with a Layering Circles Die adhered it to an Old Olive Card Stock scalloped circle that I cut with another of the Layering Circles Dies. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Old Olive Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap and cut it out with one of the Stitched Nested Labels Dies. I trimmed this piece so that I could adhere it to an Old Olive label that I cut with the same die. I adhered this piece to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals and--I'm not making this up--just then realized that the DSP was Whisper White and the rest of the card was Very Vanilla. Stampin' Blends to the rescue! I colored in the background of the DSP piece with a light Petal Pink Stampin' Blend. Perfect!

For a finishing touch, I tied a length of Very Vanilla Scalloped Lace trim into a bow and adhered it to the card with a glue dot.

Remember, the "Free as a Bird" stamp set and Stitched Nested Labels can be purchase in a bundle, which will save you 10% off the price of ordering them separately.

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here on Monday for the first "Manic Monday" post!









 
Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment