Thursday, June 27, 2019

Mosaic Sympathy

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #ThoughtfulThursday   I'm channeling my inner Patty Bennett--she's one of my stampin' heroes! I've met her once or twice at Stampin' Up events and she's such a lovely person (even though I was fan-girling all over her). Patty recently posted a card that she made with one of the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Cards and an image that she fussy cut from a sheet of Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper. I thought Patty's card was genius, so I made one of my own!
I've got to tell you that this card was a perfect storm in the making. In addition to Patty's card, I was inspired by Dori Schneider who presented a demonstration at the Proverbial Stampers & Friends new catalog gathering. Dori showed us several ways to make the most of the Mosaic Mood DSP--including fussy cutting the images. (You can find Dori on Facebook and Pinterest at Stampin' Always with Dori.)

A couple of weeks ago, I posted a card with the same sentiment from the "Painted Glass" stamp set on #ThoughtfulThursday. On that card, I embossed a Very Vanilla Card Stock panel with the Subtle Embossing Folder and then used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment several times so the ink would fill in the grooves. Someone asked me what would happen if I stamped first and then embossed, so I tried it. And, honestly, I like it better! So I used that sample "card part" as the label on today's card--and used one of the Stitched NestledLabel Dies to cut it out. I save my "card parts" because they come in handy sometimes. Do you do that?

And then there was Patty's card--so I was triply inspired! For my card, I cut the Petal Pink rose from the Mosaic Mood DSP and I used a 4-1/4" by 5-1/2" Mint Macaron Card Stock mat as the background (glued to the inside of the Bird Ballad Laser-Cut Card--Patty adhered hers to the inside of the card). I adhered the label and the rose to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

This cards was so easy to make and it turned out beautifully! Oh! Take a look at the gorgeous scalloped envelope that comes with these cards and the tin! You need these! Just click on the thumbnails below and you'll be taken directly to my online store where you can purchase all the Stampin' Up supplies you need for this card!










 
Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$10.00

No comments:

Post a Comment