Tuesday, July 7, 2020

You Can Do This

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   You know, I never really liked the color green. But I think I have a kind of color-blindness. It's not that I can't see colors, it's that I really don't differentiate. Let me explain. I have a "crayon box theory" that I've been working on that I think tells something about a person's personality. Some people want to have the 64 crayon box. (When I was growing up, that set was the bomb--with the sharpener in the back? Yes, please!) But others are content with the 8 or 16 crayon box. And my BFF is the one who wants the super mega awesome 152 crayon box. And even though I coveted that 64 crayon box as a kid, I really only used a few colors. I'm satisfied with the 4 crayon box that they give out to kids in a restaurant. Want pink? Color lightly with the red. Want brown? Color with the green and red and yellow. So when I think of green, I'm thinking of that 4 crayon box--and I'm not that fond of the color, but I'll make do with it. The personality part, simply is this: I'm decisive, so I don't need a lot of choices. My BFF loves to have a lot of choices and she's, well, not as decisive as I am. Does this ring true to you?

Being a stamper has opened my eyes to a wide array of colors. Why, I have 12 different greens in my ink pad carousel! And I honestly love them all--even Garden Green, which took years for me to come to love. But let me tell you, our new In Color, Just Jade is the bomb! I love this color! And I'm also super-duper in love with the Forever Greenery Designer Series Paper with all those greens! Look!


I made this simple card with products from the Forever Greenery Suite on pages 108 to 110 of the annual catalog. That suite is also the bomb!!

I started by adhering a 1-1/2" by 5-1/2" strip of the Forever Greenery DSP to a 1-3/4" by 5-1/2" Whisper White Card Stock strip and then adhering that to a Just Jade Card Stock card base. I used the Forever Flourishing Dies to cut greenery elements from Soft Sea Foam, Shaded Spruce, and Pretty Peacock Card Stock. I arranged these on the card, adhering them with strategically placed Mini Glue Dots.

I tied a bow of the gold cord from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack and let the ends fray. I adhered that on top of the greenery elements with another Mini Glue Dot.

Finally, I stamped a sentiment from the "Forever Fern" stamp set in Garden Green Ink onto a 3/4" by 2-1/2" strip of Whisper White Card Stock and adhered it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. Look at all that beautiful green!

I love everything in the Forever Greenery Suite and I know you will, too. You can purchase the entire suite with one item number (154143) or you can purchase the "Forever Fern" stamp set and Forever Flourishing Dies in a bundle, saving 10% off purchasing them separately.

I have seen the light! Have I convinced you that green--all kinds of green--is a wonderful color?

Stay safe. Stay healthy.




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment