Thursday, July 9, 2020

Texas Bluebells

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  I have a fun technique to share with you today. I learned this from Lydia Fiedler over at the Understand Blue blog. Lydia is an extraordinary artist and mentor and she always encourages me to create outside my box. Today's technique is one of those times where I had to get messy and make mistakes and then made a little bit of art.

I don't remember what Lydia called this technique, if she even had a name for it. But here's how it goes. Start by gathering several cotton swabs and binding them together with a rubber band, like this. (You'll see that I've already used these swabs.)


Then use your water-fill Stampin' Spritzer to wet a piece of Watercolor Paper. You'll want to get it fairly wet, but not dripping. Then dab your cotton swabs into whatever ink you want and then onto the wet Watercolor Paper. I used Pacific Point, Highland Heather, and Crushed Curry to make the tops of my Texas Bluebells. And I used a Water Painter to paint in some Old Olive stems.

As this piece was drying (and I probably used my Heat Tool to speed it along), I cut a Highland Heather Card Stock frame with one of the Ornate Layers Dies. I also embossed a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Granny Apple Green Card Stock with the Subtle Embossing Folder. I wrapped a length of Whisper White Polka Dot Tulle around that before adhering it to a Purple Posy Card Stock card base.

To finish the card, I used a Stitched Rectangle Die to cut out my bluebells and stamped a sentiment from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set in Highland Heather Ink at the top. I adhered that to the ornate frame and then adhered the frame to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Every once in a while I like stamping outside my box, and I'm so grateful to Lydia for her encouragement and mentorship!

Stay Healthy! Stay Safe!













Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment