Sunday, May 21, 2017

A New Look!

#faithfulinkspirations   I've been wanting to refresh my blog for a while, but I'm a novice when it comes to using any graphic design tools and I really didn't want to pay to have a whole new look created.  So, I thought I might be able to DIY my blog refresh--on the cheap! 

I searched Pinterest for "blog headers free" and found one that I really liked at Angie Makes.  It was super quick to download the beautiful pink watercolor wash that's the background for my new header.  Angie also has other freebies on her blog.  I choose some of her free tropical watercolor flowers for my header and my blog buttons (over there on the right). I chose her beautiful darling daisies for my new signature!

Once I had these images downloaded, I watched three YouTube videos on using PicMonkey to create my graphics. PicMonkey is also super easy to use and it's FREE!! You can also try it out for a FREE 7-day trial to unlock more features than on the free version. I did that because I wanted #allthefonts! I'm still debating whether to keep it or not--but I have a week to decide.

So, what do you think of my new look? Leave me a comment with your feedback. I'll be back tomorrow with some stampy goodness!







3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,

    I think it looks very nice but your name and phone number are kind of hard to read. Maybe change the color? You did a great job for a "novice"!

    Kathy in California


    ReplyDelete
  2. For a "novice" you did a fabulous job, love the colors. I agree with Kathy maybe your name needs to be darker or a different color, otherwise it is all so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments--just what I needed! I updated the header so that my contact info is easier to read!!

    ReplyDelete