Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Petite Petals in Denim and Wisteria

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   It's that time of year again when I'm kinda sad and kinda glad.  I'm sad when some of my favorite stamp sets are retiring. And I'm glad because there's new stamp sets right around the corner when the catalog comes out on June 1st! Of course, as a demonstrator, I've already pre-ordered some stamp sets, the new In Colors, and some fabulous accessories, but I want to play with some of my old favorites one last time.

The "Petite Petals" stamp set and matching Petite Petals Punch are two of my favorite products. I love the little flowers.  They're so sweet and so pretty on a card. I've made two cards with this retiring set and some retiring accessories as well. I'll be sharing the other card tomorrow--so come back!

Remember: the retiring stamp sets are going to be manufactured up until May 22, 2017, and then Stampin' Up will stop production and the retiring sets will only be available while supplies last. The accessories are already only available while supplies last, so if you see something you want, get it while it's still available. Also, some retiring products are on sale--I've marked them in the thumbnails below.
I stamped the outline leaves from the also retiring "Grateful Bunch" stamp set in Wild Wasabi onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White Card Stock Panel. I also stamped a sentiment from the retiring "Tin of Cards" stamp set in Dapper Denim. I adhered this to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Dapper Denim mat and then wrapped a length of Dapper Denim Ruched Ribbon around the bottom before adhering it to a Thick Whisper White Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

Next, I stamped three flowers in Dapper Denim Ink and three in Wisteria Wonder Ink and punched them out with the Petite Petals Punch.  I curled the petals a bit with my Bone Folder before adhering them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  For a finishing touch, I added a Basic Pearl Embellishment to each flower. (Right now the Basic Pearl Embellishments are sold out--but never fear, there will be a similar set of pearl embellishments in the new catalog!)



Product List
Petite Petals Punch
[133322]
     was $13.00     now $9.10
Dapper Denim 3/8" (1 Cm) Ruched Ribbon
[141424]
      was $8.00       now $5.60

No comments:

Post a Comment