Sunday, May 7, 2017

Creation Station: Men Are Our Muses



#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   #creationstation  It's that time again--time for another fun Creation Station blog hop!  This month we're featuring projects for the men in our lives.  I used the fabulous Urban Underground Specialty Series Paper for my projects.  Unfortunately, this DSP is SOLD OUT! As always, the links to the products I use in my projects are at the end of the blog post.  FYI:  The products in red are retiring at the end of May.

That's enough from our sponsor, let's get on to the creating, shall we?!

First up is a card I made for my sweet husband who is the world's best father!
I used several different pieces of the Urban Underground DSP for this card. I embossed he largest piece of DSP with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Embossing Folder before adhering it to a Basic Black Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.  I also used the Hexagons embossing folder to de-boss the vanilla piece of DSP--though that's hard to see in the picture.  I added yet another piece of the Urban Underground DSP to the card.  The washi tape is from the Pop of Pink Washi Tape collection.

Next, I stamped the shield and "No. 1" from the "Badges & Banners" set in Versamark onto Very Vanilla scraps, sprinkled on some Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set it with my heat tool. I punched these out with the Best Badge and 1-3/8" Circle Punches and adhered them to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  

The sentiment is from the "Thoughtful Banners" set. I stamped it in Versamark and embossed it in silver and punched the two pieces out with the Classic Label Punch.  How do you like the arrow shape I made with that punch? Cool, huh?

I don't usually stamp the inside of my cards, but I make an exception for Creation Station!
I stamped a sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Ink from the "Marquee Messages" stamp set onto a Very Vanilla mat. I  removed "...and" from the sentiment before I stamped it.  I added three heart sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment, using my favorite Fine-Tip Glue Pen.  I adhered this to a mat from another sheet of Urban Underground DSP and then to the inside of the card.

A card this special needs a little something to go along with it, so I made an origami box from a 12" by 12" sheet of the Urban Underground DSP.  The box turns out to be a 3" cube, with lid, and you can easily fit in a gift card or anything else you'd like to give to your special guy.  I cut some strips of Basic Black and Delightful Dijon Card Stock using the Fringe Scissors and then scrunched it up to make some filler for the box.  You can click on the "tutorials" button above to see the step-by-step instructions. It was pretty easy to make.
I made a belly band from the Urban Underground DSP to go around the box and tied on a length of Silver Sequin Trim, which I think turned out totes adorbs (if I do say so myself, and I do)! The sentiment is from the "Yummy In My Tummy" stamp set. It's stamped in Black Tuxedo Ink onto a Very Vanilla scrap and punched with the Sweetheart Punch.  Even though it's a manly project, I couldn't resist slipping in a little piece of a silver Metallic Foil Doily--just like Kimberly Van Diepen does!!

Here's the card and box together. I'm pretty sure my hubby will like this set--and the man in your life would, too!!




Now it's time for MORE inspiration from the rest of the Creation Station design team. Just use the buttons below to make your way around the hop.  Be sure to come back again for the June hop--we hop every first Sunday of the month. I'm pretty sure we'll be using something from the new catalog!!


http://juliesjapes.blogspot.com/2017/05/creation-station-men-are-our-muse.htmlhttp://denitawright.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/men-are-our-muse-creation-station.html


Product List
Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00

Product List
Metallics Sequin Assortment
[138390]
      was $5.00       now $3.00

Product List
Sweetheart Punch
[133786]
      was $16.00      now $12.80
Fringe Scissors
[133325]
     was $10.00       now $7.00

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic Father's Day creations, Kathy. I really love both of your creations and I can't wait to try and make the box. It's awesome. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love 3D creations -- your box is just great! Thanks for sharing the directions.

    ReplyDelete