Wednesday, May 10, 2017

It's a Cactus Fiesta

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations   The Festive Birthday Suite made me squeal with excitement when I first saw it in the 2016-17 annual catalog. Who could could resist those bold, bright, FUN colors in the Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper? And that cute cactus stamp in the "Birthday Fiesta" set with matching Fiesta Time Framelit. But the piece de resistance was that super adorbs llama (or alpaca--don't get me started). Who can resist that face? I can't!

You'll have to wait until tomorrow to see the llama's face because today's card features the cactuses/cacti.  I started with a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" piece of the Festive Birthday DSP--I wanted it to peek out behind the stamped images. I think it looks like a gorgeous sarape! I adhered the DSP to a Tempting Turquoise Card Stock card base.
Next I stamped three cactuses in Emerald Envy onto Emerald Envy Card Stock and cut them out with their matching Fiesta Time Framelit. I cut Melon Mambo and Emerald Envy banners with the framelits and the two small flowers in Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry.

I stamped the sentiment (seriously? "Fiesta like there's no manana" so cute!!) in Tempting Turquoise onto a 4" by 3" piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I adhered the banner to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and the cactuses with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered the smaller Crushed Curry Flower to the larger Melon Mambo flower with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen, too. I roughed up the edges of the flowers just a little bit to give them some dimension. I adhered these to the cactuses with Glue Dots.

For a final touch of bling, I added a small Basic Rhinestone Embellishment to the center of each  flower. Isn't this a fun card?! I'm so sad this set is retiring. I feel like I haven't had enough time to play with it.  I'll be sharing one last "Birthday Fiesta" card tomorrow, so come back and see!

Remember, all the retiring items are indicated in red above. The tools and embellishments are only available while supplies last* and the stamp sets will retire on May 31. Get in contact with me today, if you have to have all the products in the Festive Birthday Suite. You know you want them!!

*NOTE: The Basic Rhinestone Embellishments are already SOLD OUT--but, never fear! There will be a new configuration of these perpetual favorites in the new catalog.


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment