Thursday, May 4, 2017

Butterflies Are Free

#stampinup   #faithfulinkspirations  The "Papillon Potpourri" stamp set and matching Elegant Butterfly Punch are two more of my all-time favorites that are retiring at the end of May. I haz a sad. Even so, I wanted to make a happy card with them before I pack them away.
I started by stamping the monarch butterfly stamp in Basic Gray Ink onto a Whisper White scrap.  Next, I sponged some Blushing Bride Ink on the outer edges of each butterfly and punched them out with the Elegant Butterfly Punch.

Next, I stamped the "Stylized Birthday" sentiment in Basic Gray Ink onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Whisper White panel and adhered it to a 3-7/8" by 5-1/8" Smoky Slate mat.  I wrapped a length of Whisper White ribbon from the Succulent Garden Combo Pack around before adhering this to a Blushing Bride Card Stock card base, cut lengthwise.

I folded the butterflies in half before adhering a Stampin' Dimensional to the back of each one and then adhered them to the card. Folding the butterflies gives them a little more dimension and makes them look like they're flying.  

For a finishing touch, I used Clear Wink of Stella to give the butterflies a sparkly wash. Then I added Gold Wink of Stella to the center and edges of each butterfly.  I think they turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself (and I do)!

Remember, if you want any of the retiring items, you need to act quickly.  The tools accessories are only available while supplies last. The stamp sets should be available until the end of May.
 

Product List
Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon Combo Pack
[142781]
      was $9.00       now $7.20

No comments:

Post a Comment