Friday, November 18, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Eighteen

Martin Stone has come up with a fun sketch challenge for Day Eighteen. I was kind of stumped for a minute, but then I saw that the gorgeous Boughs of Holly Designer Series Paper would work perfectly for the sketch! I'm really pleased with how this card turned out--sometimes I need the pressure of a deadline to create a great card. It makes me rely on my instinct and doesn't allow me to over-think the process.
I started with a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of the Boughs of Holly DSP and adhered it to a 4-1/8" by 5-3/8" Evening Evergreen Card Stock mat. (PROTIP: I cut a large square out of the center of this with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies for later use.) I wrapped my very last bit of Gold & Vanilla Satin-Edge Ribbon around this assembly before adhering it to a Cherry Cobbler Card Stock card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I adhered the square of Evening Evergreen to the center of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. On top of that I also used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere a Basic White Card Stock label cut with one of the Seasonal Labels Dies and stamped in Evening Evergreen with a "Framed & Festive" sentiment.

Next, I used my Paper Snips to fussy cut a couple of poinsettias from the Boughs of Holly DSP. I adhered these to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals, slipping them under the label. I finished the card by adding two red Festive Pearls.







Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment