Thursday, November 10, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Ten

Whew! The month is just flying by! We're already one-third of the way through November--and through Martin Stone's #30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge. Today's challenge is a sketch and I had a lot of fun with it--especially since it uses one of my favorite stamp sets from the July-January mini catalog: "North Pole Mischief." You see, I have four cats at home and there is mischief of all kinds, all day, everyday, so this set was a "must have" for me!

I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a 
2-1/2" by 3-1/2" piece of Basic White Card Stock. I used several Stampin' Blends to color it: Real Red, Smoky Slate, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Pumpkin Pie, and Shaded Spruce. I also used Wink of Stella on the fishbowl to make the water shimmer.

I layered a 3-3/4" by 5" piece of Sweetest Christmas Designer Series Paper onto a 4" by 5-1/4" Basic White Card Stock mat and then onto a Real Red Card Stock card base. Next, I adhered a thin strip of Garden Green Sweetest Christmas DSP to the image piece, as in the sketch. I adhered this to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the "Merry Merry" sentiment in Real Red Ink onto Basic White and cut it out with a Stylish Shapes Die and adhered this label to the card with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals. PROTIP: Because the right side of the label needed a bit of height in order to be level, I stacked two Mini Dimensionals on top of each other.

To finish the card, I added three red Festive Pearls. I love those things! And I love the devious, or should I say mischievous, look on the cat's face. I've seen that once or twice in my house!











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment