Thursday, November 17, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Seventeen

Whew! I haven't worked this hard on my blog in ages! There was a time when I'd create and post a card a day, but those days are long gone. Well, that is until Martin Stone decided to do a 30 Day Christmas Card Making Challenge and I decided to accept the challenge. So far, I've done all the challenges--except one--this month. I'm really going to try to keep up with the challenges for the rest of the month. Wish me luck!


Today's challenge is a color combination: Crumb Cake, Balmy Blue, and Night of Navy. These colors feel masculine to me so I created a card with a masculine feel.

I used the Whimsical Woodland 3D Embossing Folder to emboss a 4" by 5-1/4" Crumb Cake Card Stock panel. I adhered this to a Crumb Cake Card Stock card base using Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I found a scrap of Night of Navy Card Stock in my scrap box and cut it to 2-5/8" by 4-1/4". I embossed this with the Whimsical Woodland Folder and adhered it directly to the card front. I found a bit of Balmy Blue Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper which I cut to 1-1/2" by 4-3/4". I wrapped some linen thread around this DSP and then adhered it to the card front.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the Framed & Festive stamp in Night of Navy Ink onto Basic White Card Stock and cut it out with one of the Framed Florets Dies. I adhered this directly to the card front, as well.

To finish the card I added three Rustic Metal Adhesive-Backed Dots. I had a fun time diving into my scrap box to find bits and bobs to use on this card--it's for this very reason I keep a scrap box!



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment