Thursday, November 24, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Twenty-Four

We're heading down the final stretch of the month-long Christmas card making challenge! I've been having fun coming up with cards that meet the challenge suggestions. Today's challenge is "Christmas Karaoke." Hmm, wasn't sure what I could do with that, but then I realized that loads of Stampin' Up's Christmas stamp sets have song lyrics--and then I was off to create!

For this card, I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Very Vanilla Card Stock panel. I stamped a variety of song lyrics in Versamark Ink, sprinkled on gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, and set them with my Heat Tool. The stamp sets used are: "Jingle, Jingle, Jingle," "Perched on a Tree," "Hope and Peace," and "Peace to You." I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece to a 4" by 5-1/4" gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock mat. Then I adhered it to a 4-1/8" by 5-3/8" Merry Merlot Card Stock mat and then used Stampin' Dimesionals to adhere the whole thing to a Merry Merlot Card Stock card base.

I stamped the "Merry Christmas" greeting from the "Brightest Glow" stamp set in Versamark onto Merry Merlot Card Stock, embossed it with gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, and punched it out with the scalloped Double Oval Punch. PROTIP: Before you adhere everything to the extra Merry Merlot mat, you can stamp, emboss, and punch out the sentiment from the center of the mat.

I added some Stampin' Seal to the back of the sentiment piece, swirled some gold Simply Elegant Trim around my fingers, and then adhered the "nest" to the back. I used Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere this piece to the card front. I finished the card by adding several gold Festive Pearls.

I think this card turned out pretty well, considering that it took me a minute to come up with something that fit the challenge!






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment