Monday, November 14, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Fourteen

Today's theme seems to be wide open:  "Step into Christmas." I took that to mean we could interpret the challenge in any way we desired. (Frankly, I'm interpreting all the challenges. I think that's the point.) Today's card is another that I made for my Christmas stamp-a-stacks and it's one of my favorites, because I love the Sweetest Christmas Designer Series Paper! It feels both nostalgic and fresh.


I started with a 3-3/4" by 5" Basic White Card Stock mat and used it to build up the DSP layers. I layered on three different 3-3/4" by 1-1/2" strips of the DSP. PROTIP: Layer the top and bottom strips first and then the middle strip. If your DSP layers are a little long, you can use the Basic White mat as a guide to trim the ends. I adhered this piece to a 4" by 5-1/4" Garden Green Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Basic White Card Stock card base.

I then added a 3" by 4" Vellum Card Stock layer. PROTIP: Since adhesive shows through vellum, just adhere it through the middle where the other elements will cover it. I added a large Basic White Card Stock circle cut with a Stylish Shape Die and adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I fussy cut a candy cane out of the DSP, but you could certainly use the Christmas Banners Dies to die-cut them. I adhered the candy cane to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next, I stamped a sentiment from the "Vintage Christmas" stamp set in Sweet Sorbet Ink onto Basic White and cut it out with one of the Natural Prints Dies. I also used these dies to cut a few sprigs of "greenery" from Real Red and Garden Green Card Stock. I adhered these to the back of the label with Seal Adhesive and then adhered the label assembly to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I tied a pretty bow with White Baker's Twine and adhered it to the card with a Mini Glue Dot and finished by adding five Red Rhinestones.

I was really pleased with how this card turned out and I think it's the perfect card for stepping into Christmas.











Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment