Thursday, November 3, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Three

Hey there! I've made it to Day Three of Martin Stone's #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge ! 

Today's challenge is "
Warm & Cozy." When I think of warm and cozy, I think of sitting around a roaring fire with a warm cup of tea and a good book. My husband and I just spent a relaxing weekend in the Maryland mountains in the ski resort at Deep Creek Lake. We stayed at the lovely Lake Pointe Inn--it's our favorite place to be warm and cozy (until we buy a house and move there to retire)! 
I don't have any stamp sets where I could recreate this warm and cozy scene. So I thought about other things that make me feel warm and cozy...and immediately thought of the "Whiskey Business" stamp set. Could I make a Christmas card with that set? Yes I could!

I stamped two whiskey glasses in Memento Tuxedo Black onto Shimmery White Card Stock. I colored the whiskey with Dark So Saffron, Ivory, and Light Soft Suede Stampin' Blends. I then colored the entire glass and liquid with Clear Wink of Stella. Then I fussy cut the glasses with my Paper snips.

Next I stamped the "cheers to you" sentiment from the "Whiskey Business" set and "Merry Christmas" from the new "Framed & Festive" set in Merry Merlot Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I cut this out with one of the Framed Florets Dies. 

I cut a 4-1/8" by 5- 3/8" mat from gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock. Then I cut the frame out of the center ('cause who's going to see the center of a mat?).

To assemble the card, I adhered a 4" by 5-1/4" piece of Boughs of Holy Designer Series Paper to the gold Brushed Metallic mat. I wrapped a length of Gold and Vanilla Satin Edged Ribbon around this piece before adhering it to an Evening Evergreen Card Stock card base.

I adhered the stamped oval element directly to the card and then used Multipurpose Liquid Glue to adhere the gold frame.  Finally, I used two Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of each glass and adhered them so they are clinking in a "cheers to you!"

I hope you are inspired by my "warm & cozy" card. Go visit Martin's Facebook 30 Day Christmas  Card Making Challenge page or see him on Instagram (@martinmayhem) to see ALL the other cards that are being shown during this challenge. You will truly be inspired!!


Product List
Paper Snips
[103579]
$11.00

No comments:

Post a Comment