Friday, November 25, 2022

Christmas Card Making Challenge: Day Twenty-Five

Stampin' Up's "Sweet Gingerbread" bundle is just the cutest! I thought it would make a great "Letter to Santa" card for Day Twenty-Five of Martin Stone's "Letter to Santa" challenge. The stamps and coordinating dies in this set make it so easy to create a sweet Christmas scene!

I started with a quarter sheet of Basic White Card Stock onto which I stamped the trees in Garden Green Ink and the door in Real Red Ink. I left room for the windows and for the snow mound. I cut each of these out with the matching Gingerbread House Dies. I also stamped the sentiments onto Basic White and used the chimney smoke die to cut them out. I cut the house from Crumb Cake Card Stock and the roof and heart from Real Red Card Stock. PROPTIP: You can cut these out of the center of the Real Red Card Stock mat. I used Early Espresso Ink to stamp the swirls on the gingerbread house.

Before assembling the card, I embossed the mound of snow with one of the Wintry 3D Embossing Folders. Then I assembled the scene onto a 3-3/4" by 5" Basic White Card Stock panel--some pieces are adhered directly and some are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I adhered everything to a 4" by 5-1/4" Real Red Card Stock mat and then onto a Thick Basic White Card Stock card base. And that was it!

This card is super-duper cute and I think Santa would be happy to get a little love letter from our home.










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment