Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge: Day Two

Well, I made it to Day Two of Martin Stone's #30DayChristmasCardMakingChallenge so I'm off to a good start. I hope you've gone over to Martin's 30 Day Challenge Facebook group so you can be inspired by the great creations stampers from all over the world are making! You can also follow Martin on Instagram (@martinmayhem). I know he'd be thrilled to reach 3K followers (or more) (even if it's past his birthday)!

The challenge for day two is "In the Snow" and I've kind of "cheated" because I created my card for my own Christmas card stamp-a-stack coming up on Saturday. But it fills the bill so perfectly, I had to include it, right?

I used two flocked patterns of Stampin' Up's gorgeous Snowflake Specialty Vellum--one cut at 3"x 4" and the other at 2" x 4". (The package also includes vellum sheets with iridescent foil designs that are also pretty spectacular!) I used Multipurpose Glue--strategically placed behind the designs so it doesn't show through the vellum--to adhere these pieces to a 4" by 5-1/4" Tahitian Tide Card Stock mat. I used a 1/2" by 4" strip of gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock to hide the seam between the two vellum pieces. This is all adhered to a Thick Basic White Card Stock card base.

I stamped a sentiment from the "Vintage Christmas" stamp set in Versamark Ink onto a piece of Basic White card stock, I sprinkled on gold Metallic Embossing Powder, and set it with my Heat Tool. Then I cut it out with a small circle from the Stylish Shapes Die set.

Next, I used one of the Painted Labels Dies to cut another piece of gold Brushed Metallic Card Stock, onto which I adhered the sentiment piece. I used a Mini Glue Dot to adhere a Wonderful Snowflake to the front of the card and then Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the sentiment piece on top. 

This card is easy-peasy when the Snowflake Vellum is the star of the show!










Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment