Friday, May 2, 2014

A Little Something Different--A Scrapbook Page!

I've only made a handful of "real" scrapbook pages in my life. "Real" scrapbooking seems like a bridge too far for me. To do it right, it seems like a lot of work for one page--and you have to make dozens of pages to make an entire book! I've done some digital scrapbooking with Stampin' Up's My Digital Studio. It's a really easy program and the results were fabulous. Still, I'm just not convinced I'm "scrapbooker material." That's why I'm soooo excited by our new product: Project Life by Stampin' Up! Now that's a quick and easy system that I can and will use!

So, with that lead-in, I'm sure you're thinking I'll be presenting you with my first Project Life by Stampin' Up page. Well, you'd be wrong. I have a "real" scrapbook page. But first, a little explanation of why I've actually made a "real" scrapbook page.

Whenever Stampin' Up has an event, they have beautiful displays of cards, scrapbooks, 3D items that stampers from everywhere have made. Seems like half the time I spend at a Stampin' Up event is taking pictures of cards on a display board. Here's a long shot of last year's display board. Can you see what it says? 


This year Stampin' Up has invited demonstrators to apply to be a display board stamper. To enter, you have to create (or collect) three cards, one scrapbook page, and two 3D items. Well, I've been creating and blogging to beat the band this year, so what do I have to lose? I'll just pick a few things and put them on a Pinterest board and {cue screeching tires sound effect} Did they say scrapbook page?! Yikes! 

So I pulled up my big girl panties and I made one. I'm not 100% satisfied with it. But it's done. My DD said it was really cool, but that it looked like it had blood splatters on it. Yeah. I noticed that too, but I was "all in" on the color scheme by that time.

In the end, I decided not to enter. But I may try again if they offer us the chance.

Here's the page. Let me have your feedback. I'd be so appreciative. And I'm looking for constructive criticism here.

(Stamp Sets: Gorgeous Grunge, Perfect Pennants; Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip; Cardstock: 12x12 Crumb Cake base, Cherry Cobbler, Chocolate Chip; Accessories: Burlap Trim, Banners Framelits, Arrows Embossing Folder, Circle Card Framelit (for hearts and stars), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine)


No comments:

Post a Comment