Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy, Happy, Happy

Well, yesterday I was happy to be home after a long couple of weeks away--today I realize what a shambles my stamping room is in! See, we're having new flooring installed on our main floor, on our stairs, and in the second floor hallway. Everything that was in the hallway (it had become a dumping ground for a bunch of stuff) was put into my stamping room. I worked around it, but I'm tripping over a bookcase, a vacuum cleaner, and several bags for the "gettin' place" (whichever charity truck calls first.) Plus, in my frenzy to get 2 weeks of blog posts together, I'd left a total mess on and around my stamping desk. Nothing stymies creativity more than a mess. I'm happy to say, I cleaned my mess, but I still have to work around the junk. I hope the floors are in tomorrow!!

Today I'm playing along with Connie and Mary's color challenge. The colors are really sweet and subtle. As usual, these aren't colors I'd choose to go together--but that's why I enjoy playing along in challenges.

CCMC304

I wanted to use a layout I'd seen in the demonstrator bi-monthly magazine, "Stampin' Success" a couple of months ago. It's my second time using this layout. I love the long banner negative image. This time I added a bit of texture in the open space. (Unfortunately my Sahara Sand cardstock looks like Smoky Slate in this picture--but it really is Sahara Sand!)

(Stamp Set: Yippee-Skippee; Ink: Basic Gray; Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Soft Sky; DSP: Kaleidoscope; Accessories: Banner Framelits, Basic Gray Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones; Square Lattice Embossing Folder)



4 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love that negative banner in there...very cool! Great layering of your other banners too! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture and the overall layout of the card. Looks like Sahara Sand on my computer screen :) Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use the banner framelits! Love the layout of your card! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the banners. This would make a great man card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete