Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday Fresh Sketch

Today I'm playing along with the Freshly Made Sketches design crew who have come up with a great clean and simple sketch. And their cards are so wonderful! You should check them out!

Here's this week's sketch.



And here's what I've come up with.

(Stamp Set: Perfect Blend; Ink: Baked Brown Sugar; Card Stock: Baked Brown Sugar, Very Vanilla; DSP: Retro Fresh; Accessories: Ovals Framelits, Artisan Label Punch, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Soft Suede Seam Binding, Designer Button, Gold Baker's Twine.
I've been saving a piece of Retro Fresh DSP to use one last time before it retires and this sketch just called on me to use it! When I added the fussy-cut coffee cup on top, it got a bit lost, so I added an oval frame. I originally didn't have a sentiment because I couldn't figure out where to put one. I finally figured that I could put it on the bottom left to ground the other elements, and I think it turned out pretty well.

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Great colors for a coffee and friends theme! Thanks for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love that coffee cup! I need to order that set for myself!!! Love that brown background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete