Monday, May 5, 2014

The Not-So-Long Goodbye

It's that in-between time of year on the Stampin' Up calendar. Loads of stamps and accessories are retiring--but they're still current--but they're selling like hotcakes!! And the new items are available to demonstrators on a sneak peek. So I have new stuff I'm dying to play with and retiring stuff that I want to squeeze the last bit of energy out of.

My favorite designer series paper of the Stampin' Up 2013-14 year is Soho Subway. I've been hording that paper because I love it and because I'm always sad when I've used up my favorite DSP. But it's time to let it go and just use it.

I've made a quick, grungy card using the Soho Subway DSP and the Alphabet Press Embossing Folder. I sponged Early Espresso and Island Indigo ink on top of the letters on the embossed panel. I cut the DSP with the Angled Tag Topper Punch, but because I wanted to use the Burlap Trim (cut in half, lengthwise) I needed a bigger hole, so I used one of the hole punches from the Chalk Talk Framelits.  The saying from the Perfect Pennants set is stamped in Early Espresso on a Summer Starfruit (retiring) tag that was also cut from the Chalk Talk Framelits. The star embellishments are cut from one of the many elements in the Circle Card Framelit.

(Stamp Set: Perfect Pennants; Inks: Early Espresso, Island Indigo; Card Stock: Island Indigo, Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso, Summer Starfruit; DSP: Subway Soho; Accessories: Alphabet Press Embossing Folder, Chalk Talk and Circle Card Die Framelits, Burlap Trim, Linen Thread)


No comments:

Post a Comment