Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Off the Edge CAS

The artists over at Addicted to Clean and Simple have come up with a great code word for this fortnight's challenge: Off the Edge. Several of the design team used a floral theme on Whisper White cardstock. I followed their lead. 

My BFF, Lynn Birus, did a "master class" (what I called it) on how to use Stampin' Up's new Blendabilities markers during my recent new catalog open house. When she was finished with her flower, she fussy cut it and then used the darkest Cherry Cobbler Blendabilties marker to color the edge. Whoa! Was that gorgeous! Lynn gave me the flower and it sat on my stamping desk for just the right time to use it.

I embossed a plain Whisper White card base with the Honeycomb Embossing folder then adhered Lynn's beautiful flower to the card and then {gasp!} cut off the flower so that it was even with the edge of the card base. I added a butterfly that I stamped in Black Stazon ink and then "colored" with Dazzling Details. 

I think the black and white with the BIG pop of color is just stunning (if I do say so myself!)

(Stamp Sets: Blended Blossom, Papillion Potpourri; Inks: Memento Black, Black Stazon; Card Stock: Whisper White; Accessories: Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive Blendabilities, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Dazzling Details)





2 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up your card to our Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't argue with your thinking, Kathy, coz I think it's stunning, too! Love this! Thank you for playing in the Off the Edge challenge at ATCAS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete