Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's Hump Day and a Fab Friday Challenge

My time zones got all messed up while I was in Alaska. I time my posts so that I can play along in a bunch of stamping challenges before they "expire." I was all set to post my entry in last time's Fab Friday sketch challenge when I realized the challenge had "expired" several hours earlier at 8AM Central time--not Alaska time. Oops. So this week, I'm playing early because I don't want to miss out again--and because one of the colors in the challenge retires on Saturday and I want to get it in under the Stampin' Up retirement wire!

The Fab Friday gang came up with a challenging combo for me. I'm pretty good when there are 3 colors, but add 1 or 2 more colors and I get a bit overwhelmed. Here's what the gang came up with for their challenge (and I note that the design team did NOT have a whit of trouble with this--check out their awesome work!!)




And here's what I came up with. The Summer Starfruit was my "challenge" color. I don't know why my flowers look like Strawberry Slush--they're really Crisp Cantaloupe. I think it's the odd angle I'm shooting from since I can't get all the way to my light source with all the junk in my room. You'll have to take my word for it ;-)

(Stamp Sets: Yippee-Skippee, Petite Petals; Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Coastal Cabana; Card Stock: Coastal Cabana, Pool Party, Whisper White, Summer Starfruit; DSP: Soho Subway; Accessories: Banners Framelits, Petite Petals Punch, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Basic Pearls)

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, What a fun take on the colors. Photos can be really, really tricky. We see what you are doing, though. :) Thanks for playing along with the FabFri color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Summer Starfruit flower layers look great! I like the 2 banners at different angles too! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete