Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Vintage Sympathy

The Paper Craft Crew Challenge this week is a sketch challenge. I had a piece of Soho Subway DSP out waiting for the right time to use it to create a vintage card. I'm really going to miss that DSP--and this particular sheet really lends itself to a vintage card.

By accident, I found a way to make Stippled Blossoms "vintage-y." I was showing my friend, Jenny, how two-step stamping works. I first showed her how to use two shades of the same color. Since Jenny loves purples, I started with Perfect Plum as the base and added the flower details in Elegant Eggplant. Then I said, "You can use two different colors, too," and ran off to get a yellow to go with the purples. I meant to grab Daffodil Delight, but I grabbed Crushed Curry instead. Wow! The Crushed Curry base with Elegant Eggplant details was really cool--and very "vintage-y." You'll have to take my word for it, cuz I sent Jenny home with the samples and didn't take picture.

The Soho Subway DSP has Crisp Cantaloupe as a base and Early Espresso as the accents, so I thought I might be able to get a "vintage-y" flower to go with the DSP. 

Here's the Paper Craft Crew Challenge sketch #92:

Card Sketch 92

And here's my vintage card. I fussy cut the smaller flowers and popped them onto the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

(Stamp Sets: Stippled Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes; Inks: Crisp Cantaloupe, Early Espresso; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla; DSP: Soho Subway; Accessories: Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Extra Large Oval Punch, Soft Sueda Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Pearls)

No comments:

Post a Comment