Thursday, May 8, 2014

I Think I Can Color!!!

I'm so excited that Stampin' Up will be selling their own line of alcohol markers called Blendabilities. We demonstrators got a sneak peek at them and I ordered a set of Cherry Cobbler and a set of Old Olive. Now that I've had a chance to play with them, I wish I had ordered MORE colors.

Here's my very first attempt. I think it turned out pretty well for an absolute novice at using these markers--especially one who is never satisfied with her coloring. I forgot that you're not supposed to color right up to the line--you need to leave a little room for the color to bleed. But even so, I think this turned out nicely. What do you think?

I also colored the Basic Rhinestones with the darkest Cherry Cobbler marker! Coolio, huh?!

If you'll be at my new catalog open house on Saturday, you'll get to color with these fabulous pens--well before they're available! We just learned that the Blendabilities won't quite be ready when the new catalog goes live on June 2nd. So, you'll just have to wait a little longer. And the wait is well worth it, believe me!!

(Stamp Set: Blended Bloom, Petite Pairs; Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler; Blendabilities: Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive; Card Stock: Whisper White, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White; Accessories: Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain, Oval Punch, Basic Rhinestones)



No comments:

Post a Comment