Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Variations on a Theme

When I was thinking about yesterday's card (yeah, I think about stamping all day....), I thought it might be nice to do one in grunge and one in vintage (which my DD thinks is just grunge with lighter colors).

Today I'm using another sheet of the Soho Subway Designer Series Paper that I love. The DSP has an aged feel to it, so I sponged some Soft Suede onto the Tea Lace Paper Doily to make it have a more vintage look--and so its bright white didn't glare off the card. I added a medallion cut from Early Espresso Core'dinations Specialty Paper (retiring) that I sanded a bit to age it. The sentiment is from the "Hello, Lovely" set (retiring). I stamped it in Early Espresso onto Very Vanilla and then fussy cut it right against the edge of the stamped image.

(Stamp Set: Hello, Lovely; Inks: Soft Suede, Early Espresso; Card Stock: Early Espresso, Crisp Cantaloupe, Very Vanilla; Early Espresso Core'dinations Specialty Paper; DSP: Soho Subway; Accessories: Tea Lace Paper Doily, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Fancy Fan Embossing Folder, Victorian Lace Trim, Linen Thread)



No comments:

Post a Comment