Thursday, May 29, 2014

Nachos in Black and Vanilla

There's a sweet sketch over at the Nacho Average Challenge blog this week. When I  saw this sketch, I thought I'd do something in Basic Black and Very Vanilla, using the Modern Mosaic DSP one last time before it retires.

Here's this week's nacho sketch:



Here's my submission.

(Stamp Sets: Daydream Medallions, Perfect Pennants; Ink: Stazon Basic Black; Card Stock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla; DSP: Modern Medley; Accessories: Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Banners Framelits, Real Red Candy Dots)

We got this set at the Stampin' Up convention a couple of years ago. I didn't have time to make the make-and-take project while I was at convention--and I don't think I've ever inked up this set. Since it hasn't retired, I'll have to take it out and use it more often!

Once I had all the layers of black and vanilla and all the textures, I still needed a little something to make it pop--and so the greeting didn't get lost in all the texture. My go-to for pop when I'm working in black and white vanilla is Real Red, of course! After I'd tied on the ribbon, I still needed a bit more color to liven up--but not overwhelm the design--so I added three Real Red candy dots at the bottom. Et voila!

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the black & white with the pop of red! Thanks for joining us at Nacho Average Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and elegant! That little pop of red is perfect!! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy-thank you for making me feel better, lol. I was also at convention when they gave us this stamp set and I too, did not get a chance to make the M&T so I barely inked up the stamp set awhile ago, lol. So glad it is being carried over. Really like how to you used it to make your own background paper. Black, white and red is always a classic color combo! Thanks so much for creating with the Nachos, hope you will join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't go wrong with black and white and that splash of red! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black and white with a touch of red! Great card!

    ReplyDelete